Tuesday, June 16, 2009

How big is Maddox and Mommy? - 38 weeks

2 weeks people!! That's 14 days!! We are getting so close!! This could potentially be our last post like this but who really knows. Maddox will come when he wants I suppose (unless we are able to induce early :D).

This week Maddox is about the size of a leek. He weighs around 7 lbs is is about 19 1/2 inches long.
He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.) I am secretly hoping for blue eyes because Collin and I both have blue eyes:D.

And here is a pic of me at 38 weeks. I feel like I'm getting huge but people keep telling me they think I look small...lol...so I don't know. As you can see though my shirt won't lay down flat at the bottom anymore. On the left is 34 weeks and on the right is 38 weeks :D.
























On a side note...I said yesterday that my only ring that still fit was my wedding ring but I think I spoke too soon. Today, my wedding ring officially no longer fits, at least on my ring finger...it now fits on my pinkie lol. I'm not sure what I want to do about that. I might try to wear my thumb ring on my ring finger until the swelling goes down but we'll see.

Tomorrow at 9:30 am we have an appointment to get our car seat installation inspected (they say 7 out of 10 are installed wrong) and then we have our doctor's appointment at 10:30. I'll let you know how it goes :D.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

You do look small! Hope all goes well at the doctors office and you don't have to get induced!!

Kristen said...

Hey Holly....you are golden on Maddox having blue eyes. For a person to have blue eyes you must have 2 blue genes. Since you and Collin both have blue eyes, you have nothing but blue genes to pass on to Maddox.....so he'll be blue eyed! But there is still a chance that they could look sort of hazel or green....genetically green eyes are blue (there is no such thing as a green gene - only blue or brown) but just a darker pigment. Sorry to be boring, but I thought it might make you smile in light of the fact that Maddox is still all snuggled up and not ready to make his appearance.