Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Doctor's Appointment Update

Well, once again we had no progress at our doctor's appointment this morning...bummer. My cervix is still very posterior but is softening a little. The good news though is that we have an end in sight. We have set up an induction date!! YAY!!! As long as things go as planned Maddox is be born no later than Monday, June 29 :D.

We are set to go to the hospital on Sunday night at 8:30 pm. Once we get there they will start monitoring me and the baby and start me on a drug called Prostin that will help soften and dilate my cervix. My progress will be checked every 4 hours and as long as things are progressing they will continue to give me the drug at the same intervals. My doctor will then come in around 7 or 8 on Monday morning and as long as I am dilated at least 1-2 centimeters he will break my water to get things started. At my appointment today the PA did say that there is a chance that contractions could start from this drug alone and my water could break on its own too. However, she also said that there is a small chance that the drug won't work at all and if that does happen then we will just have to wait. But let's just pray that everything works as it is supposed to and we get to meet our little guy sometime on Monday. There is still a chance that Maddox could come on his own before we start the induction process but of course there is no way to know if that will happen unless it does :D.

It is so exciting to finally have an end in sight. I know I can make it a few more days knowing that Monday will be the latest we will finally get to meet Maddox :D.

Photobucket

No comments: