Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How big is Maddox? - 37 weeks

FULL TERM!!! Woo Hoo!!! I am so ready!! I know everyone keeps saying "Enjoy these last few days because everything is about to change" and I am trying to but I am ready!! I'm ready to not be pregnant any more, I'm ready to have my relatively skinny body back, I'm ready to be able to sleep in any position I want, but mostly I'm ready to see and meet our little guy!!


This week Maddox is about 19 inches long from head to toe and weighs about 6 1/3 lbs. He is about the length of a stalk of Swiss chard. If he arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though my due date is still three weeks away.

Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if his hair isn't the same color as ours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz. I can't wait to see what Maddox will have!!

We only have 3 more of these posts to go but hopefully we won't make it to the last couple but we shall see!! Like I said, we have our 37 week appointment tomorrow morning, so I will let you know how it goes!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

Holly, I am getting so excited for you guys!!!! I totally remember the anticipation and just wanting to be a mother so badly. It is true your life is about to change forever but in every good way that is possible. Love you so much!!