Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Doctor's Appointment Update

No progress...bummer. Dr. G said my cervix is still high and pretty posterior. I guess Maddox is really comfortable in there and doesn't want to come out. Dr. G did say that even though there is no progress it could still happen any time. My body is just waiting for the sign that Maddox is ready to come out. He also said that if we make it to 40 weeks then we will start talking about induction because he doesn't like to go past 41 weeks. That at least puts a light at the end of the tunnel. The good news from the appointment is my bp and Maddox's heartbeat are still good. Above all, I just want our little guy to be healthy and to do the best thing for him even if that means me being uncomfortable for a little longer than I'd like. At the end of our appointment he also told me not to bother with any of the wives tales about inducing labor like walking and eating spicy foods because they are just that, wives tales. It will all happen when it's supposed to happen and we just have to wait it out. Our next appointment is next Wednesday at 10:00 am. Of course, I'll keep ya updated.

Before our doctor's appointment this morning we had an appointment at the fire department to have our car seat installation inspected. It is not something that is required but stats say that 7 our of 10 car seats are installed incorrectly so I wanted to make sure we had things right. I'm really glad we did it. We hadn't even attempted to install it ourselves so we were just shown how to install it in both the middle and the window seats. We will keep it in the middle seat because I've heard that is the safest but it's good to know how to do both. This was really the final thing we had to do in preparation for Maddox's arrival so maybe that is what he has been waiting for :D.

We are signed up for an infant care class on Saturday morning so we will be looking forward to that. It is a class that will cover the basics of the first month of a babies life; ie feeding and sleeping schedules, bathing and diapering, swaddling, etc. It should be educational and informational. Other than that we don't have much on the schedule for the next few days. Just continuing to wait for our little buddy to arrive :D.

Photobucket

No comments: