Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Doctor's Appointment Update (warning...TMI for some)

Sorry I'm posting this so late...it's been a busy day and I didn't come home after our appointment so this is the first time I have been on my computer all day. Anyways, here is the update.

I saw the PA today because Dr. G is out of town at a conference. (Side note: This means I want Maddox to stay in and wait until at least Monday when my dr. gets back to make his grand appearance). As usual, the nurse checked my blood pressure and Maddox's heartbeat both of which were good. Then Colleen (the PA) came in and did my exam to see if there was any progress. She said my cervix was a little softer but was still pretty posterior, meaning not much has changed since last week. She did say though that a lot of time there will be no progress at all and then all of the sudden there will be a big change and things will start moving along so that is encouraging! She also said if I went to 40 weeks then we would start talking about an induction date but last week Dr. G said we could potentially do it as early as 38 1/2 weeks so we will have to see about that I guess. Other than that it was another typical, uneventful appointment, which I am thankful for. I couldn't have asked for a smoother pregnancy and can only hope these last few weeks and the delivery go the same way.

We have our next appointment next Wednesday at 10:30 am. I'll update you then with any progress.

Photobucket

No comments: