Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ringing in the New Year

I have to admit...I am not a huge fan of New Year's Eve festivities. I tend to be one that goes to bed pretty early so having to stay up just to count backwards from 10 to the New Year just isn't that appealing to me. I mean even if I go to sleep at 9 pm it will still be the new year when I wake up the next morning. But thats really not the point of this post. The point is to reflect on the past year and to look forward to 2009.

2008 was a great year for Collin and me. We began the year in Abilene, TX. Collin had one more semester of grad school and I was continuing to work in order to pay the bills. Winter and spring came and went and before we knew it Collin was graduating and we were moving to Colorado. We both feel so blessed by our move to the Denver area. We love our church family at Littleton and are so thankful to be a part of it. Then of course probably the most exciting thing of 2008 was finding out we are expecting our first child. What a wonderful blessing. In 2008, we also got to see Collin's brother and wife, Clark and Lara, graduate from college and get married and I saw my middle sister, Heather, graduate from college. We are so thankful for all the ways we have been so wonderfully blessed this past year.

In 2009, we look forward to continuing our work with the Littleton Church of Christ. We will hire a new Youth Minister at LCC. We will hopefully find out if we are having a boy or a girl in February. We are hoping to buy our first house. Collin will be on a lectureship program for the first time, he is teaching a class at the Pepperdine Lectures in May. I will hopefully get to see my youngest sister, Morgan, graduate from college in May, pending me being able to travel to Texas being 32 weeks pregnant. We will welcome our precious baby into the world in early July. And then who know what the Lord will send our way. I am so excited to find out though.

Blessings to all of you as we begin this new year and look for all the possibilities God will place in our paths.

"For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalms 100:5. Praise Him for that!!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Susan said...

We got your Christmas card and are so thrilled for you two and little baby. We keep you in our hearts and prayers. Love you. Susan