Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Super Fun Weekend

Collin and I had a great weekend. He has Friday's "off" so we got to spend most of that day together (he usually has to finish his sermons on Fridays which is why I put off in quotes). But he did stay home from the office and worked on his sermon at the apartment which is better than him being gone. And he only worked on it part of the day so we got to hang out in the afternoon.

Then on Saturday we headed out to Breckenridge, or as the locals call it Breck, for the day. We had so much fun! We just walked around town and had lunch together. The weather was wonderful too. I think the warmest it got was 48 degrees. But up here 48 is different than what we are used to in Texas. Collin had on shorts and a t-shirt and I had on jeans and short sleeves and we were both fine. It was such a nice change from the 90 degree weather we have been having. It is still so hard to believe that we live close enough to places like Breck to just go and spend the day. We both really like the town and look forward to spending more time there.

Sunday started out much like our other Sunday in that we went to church and Collin preached (twice) and I listened (twice) and then we to class in between. After church though we got on the light rail and headed downtown to Coors Field to watch the Colorado Rockies play the San Diego Chargers. Except for a little rain and the Rockies getting smoked it was a good time! However, I think the best part was that today was Faith Day and we got to see Stephen Curtis Chapman do a concert after the game. The concert was unfortunately cut short because of rain but what we did get to see was awesome. I'm sure most of you know what has happened to Stephen and his family recently but if you don't his 5 year old daughter was killed when his son accidentally hit her with the car in their driveway. It was so amazing to see and hear him sing songs like "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord" in light of all that has happened. It was so much fun to be able to spend time with some of our new church family at the game and concert.

I did good about taking pictures while we were in Breck and will post them tomorrow (I don't feel like getting up off the couch to get my camera to put them on my computer right now :D) but I didn't do a good job of taking pictures at the game and concert so I won't have any to post from that.

It was a great weekend and I am glad I was able to spend so much time with Collin and with people from church.

Photobucket

No comments: