Saturday, August 30, 2008

SNIAGRAB



Collin and I have officially experienced our first SNIAGRAB. For those of you who don't know what that is (I just found out a few weeks ago myself) it is a huge sale held at Sports Authority in downtown Denver every year for ski stuff. If you hadn't noticed it spells BARGAINS backwards...pretty clever if you ask me. And it is pronounced SNI...like ski with a N... then A...long A sound...and then GRAB. Anyways, Collin and I headed out early this morning to see what it was all about. We really had no idea what to expect but were excited to find out. Since we are officially Colorado residence now we figured we needed to invest in some skiing equipment and were told that this is the best time/place to do that.

Now I would consider myself a pretty experienced shopper but let me tell you I have never seen anything like this before in my life. It was so amazing. There was more ski stuff than I have ever seen. When you first walk in it is like a regular sports store except with only ski clothes but then as you continue on you realize that it goes on forever. The store is connected to a warehouse and it is all opened up and filled with ski clothes, skis, ski boots, poles, snowboards, snowboard boots, and every other thing you could possibly need to go skiing or snowboarding.

It was so much fun. Collin doesn't really enjoy big crowds and the chaos that comes with it but I LOVE it!! I'm the kind of person that gets up early to go shopping the day after thanksgiving every year!! I love that atmosphere.

In the end we got everything we needed to head up to the mountain come skiing season. Collin got skis, boots, poles, some new ski pants, and an unlimited pass to ski at Breck, A-Basin, and Keystone. I got a snowboard...and a very pretty one I might add, a ski jacket, some pants, and gloves. I didn't feel like I would go enough to justify getting an unlimited pass, so I will just pay as I go this year. And we both got a new hat and some ski socks because they were buy one get one half off. It's funny because the guy in front of us in the check out line told the cashier to just tell him how much he'd saved and not how much he'd spend because its a little easier to stomach it when you think about how much you saved doing it this way. While its a pretty big purchase it is so worth it to get it there rather than to rent every time you go or to buy them somewhere else when they aren't on sale.

Here are a few pictures of our new gear!!!







So if anyone wants to come visit and go skiing with us we are ready to go!! All we need now is some snow. ;)

Photobucket

No comments: