Thursday, July 9, 2009

Let the rebellion begin...

Well, I wasn't sure if it was going to happen or not but it has officially begun. Toby has started to act out for the first time since bringing Maddox home.

Thankfully, he has been great with Maddox and hasn't messed with him at all but he is starting to do bad things that he wasn't doing before Maddox got here. He has started whining in the mornings after Collin leaves, he has chewed up a pacifier and another one of Maddox's things, he has peed on my kitchen rug...twice, and today he pooped in the kitchen. He has done so well about going potty outside since we moved into the new house so I am pretty sure this behavior is an attention seeking act.

I do feel sorry for the little pup because for 4 years he has been the center of my attention and just like that he has been pushed to number 2. I can tell he seems sad and knows something is different and that he isn't getting as much attention as he is used too. I am just hoping that we can get this unacceptable behavior under control quickly!!

If you have any tips on dealing with this please let me know!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

http://www.onlydogbeds.net/how_to_help_your_dog_adjust_to_a_new_baby_in_the_family-9793.php

Good Luck!!