Sunday, July 12, 2009

House Church

I decided to wait one more week before taking Maddox to church because I felt that it would still be too overwhelming at this point to introduce him to so many people at once. It was sad to not be at church with daddy this morning but I got a facebook message from one of the guys that helps run the sound that helped us feel like we were there. He sent me a link that had the entire service streaming live. So, even though Maddox and I weren't actually there we got to hear daddy preach and feel like we were a part of things from the comfort of our living room. SO COOL!! Maddox really enjoyed the singing...he would start getting restless and then a song would start and he would get quiet and still...pretty neat.

It's kinda funny too because today in his sermon Collin made a joke about being able to say certain thing with me not being there but little did he know that I was listening and watching the whole time. Unfortunately, he doesn't keep his cell phone with him on Sunday mornings so I couldn't inform him of this humorous bit of information while he was at church.

I'm not sure if this live broadcasting is going to be a weekly thing from now on or not but it was pretty cool to be able to be a part of the LCC worship even though we couldn't actually be at church. I think it would be a great ministry for people who for whatever reason can't actually make it up to the church building but want to share in the worship experience. If it is going to be an ongoing thing I will let you know and post the link just in case anyone wants check it out.

Thanks Monty for sending me the link..It was a nice surprise this morning to be able to see Collin preach even though we couldn't actually be there! :D

Photobucket

1 comment:

Michelle said...

don't feel bad about keeping your little guy home from church at first! some doctors (mine included) have a 6-week rule of no church. there's always so many people touching them without washing their hands first, and they may/may not be sick.

how cool you could listen to the lesson in your pjs!