Thursday, July 16, 2009

2 week Check-up and trip to the mall...

Today Maddox had his 2 week check-up appointment. I met his pediatrician Dr. Connie for the first time and really like her. He got his head and length measured and his weight checked. His head is 36 1/2 cm around which is in the 25th percentile, he is 21 inches long and now weighs 9 pounds even which are both in the 50th percentile. My baby boy is growin' :D. Dr. Connie then did a routine check-up and said everything looks great. She did want me to start giving him a vitamin D supplement because babies who breastfeed often don't get enough vitamin D. So I will have to go get that tomorrow and start him on it. He also had to have his second newborn screen in which they prick his heal and take some blood. Poor little guy did not like that at all. That's about it...I am thankful our little guy is healthy. He goes back for his next appointment at 2 months and will start getting his vaccinations then.

After his appointment we met Collin for a quick lunch at Chick-Fil-A and then headed to the mall. I was a little nervous because it was my first time to use his stroller and I didn't want to look stupid in the parking lot trying to get it all set up. Thankfully I had no trouble getting his car seat into the stroller. The only problem I had was at first I found it really hard to maneuver the thing but realized after a short while that I was trying to push it with the front wheels locked...lol...oops. But I think after a few hours at the mall I have the whole thing down (besides running into racks every now and then :D). It was fun though being back at one of my favorite places and being able to shop for regular clothes again as well as baby clothes!! Maddox did great too...he slept the entire time :D.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

LOL, I am constantly trying to push Aidan's stroller before I realize it is locked!!