Monday, July 6, 2009

1 week old


I can't believe it but our little guy is 1 week old today!! It really does not seem like a week ago today that we were in the labor and delivery room just a couple of hours from Maddox's arrival. It was about this time that I started getting VERY uncomfortable...but in the end it was all worth it. Every time I look at that sweet little face my heart just melts. After our first night at home with Maddox I told Collin, "Now I know why God makes babies so cute...it's because even though they may keep you up ALL night long just one look at that face and there is no way you could be upset!!"

We are already starting to get the hang of things and feel like he is getting better at sleeping. Last night was our best night yet. He slept pretty much all night except for waking up to eat every 3 hours or so. It really makes things much easier on mom and dad. It can be so frustrating when nothing seems to calm your little baby in the middle of the night.

Collin and I just feel so very blessed to have Maddox in our lives. I don't think there is anything more special than the gift of parenthood. I still can't believe God chose us to receive such a special blessing!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is sooo handsome !!! Great job God, Holly and Collin !!

Debbie

KIKI said...

MISS HIM!!!!! :(