Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How big is Maddox? - 31 weeks


Maddox now weighs about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds, about as much as 4 navel oranges, and is about 16 inches long. He is going through major brain and nerve development these days. His irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order. (He won't pick up anything from his nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.) He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon and got the OK to go to California tomorrow (YAY). I'll admit that even though Dr. G said it was fine, I am still a little bit nervous just because you never know when something could happen. So far things have gone smoothly so I have no reason to worry but I guess worry is just one of those things that comes with motherhood :D. Please be praying that both Maddox and I remain healthy and safe as we travel over the next 2 weeks. Maddox's heartbeat is still strong and Dr. G said that I am measuring at about 30 weeks instead of 31 but since I was a "thin" girl to start out with he wasn't worried about it. He also told me that if something were to happen while we were gone that I could call and he could either call me in some meds to stop contractions if that was the problem or advise me on what to do. He also mentioned, since we are going to Cali, to be aware of that crazy swine flu and that if I had any flu like symptoms at all I could call and he would call me in some Tamiflu, which is safe to take during pregnancy.

It's funny, I have never been one to worry much about stuff but from the moment I found out we were pregnant I think I have worried more than in the whole rest of my life combined. I just want everything to be perfect with Maddox and so far it has and I am so thankful for that. But please just be praying for peace for me especially over the next couple of weeks as we are away from our Dr. And like I said before, also be praying for health and safety as we travel. Thanks so much!!

P.S. We close on our house this afternoon!! YAY!!!!


Photobucket

No comments: