Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How big is Maddox and Mommy? - 26 weeks

Another week has passed and it's time to see how much Maddox and I have grown. I know I just posted a picture on Friday but I wanted to do one like I have been doing for my scrapbook so I will go ahead and post it too.


Maddox is now about 14 inches long, around the length of an English Cucumber, and weighs about 2 pounds. The network of nerves in his ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat.

I am now in the last few days of my 2nd trimester. From what I've read the 3rd trimester starts at 26 weeks and 6 days, so next Monday will begin the 3rd trimester. Here is my 22 week picture and now my 26 week picture. I think it's a huge difference and from what I have read my belly will continue to grow a 1/2 inch a week from here on out. I am continuing to feel pretty good aside from the back pain that I mentioned before. I am still sleeping well but I know that will change as I get bigger making me more uncomfortable. I still can't believe we are only 3 months away, I get more and more excited the closer we get. I just can't wait to meet our little guy!!





Photobucket

No comments: