Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How big is Maddox? - 24 weeks

6 months!! Can you believe it?? I sure can't. It seems like the time is just flying by and there is still so much to do. So let's see how big Maddox is this week...

He is about the length of an ear of corn and weighs over a pound now. His body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

He is very active and now big enough that I can feel him moving on both sides of my belly at the same time. I still weirds me out a little to see my stomach move in and out when he moves around but I never get tired of seeing it happen!!

On a side note...my family (minus Heather :( she has to work) is coming to visit starting tomorrow. The boys are planning on going skiing and us girls will just hang out around here shopping and what not. It should be a good time and hopefully I get some good pictures I can post on here. Let's just pray that we don't have any incidents like the last time my mom and sister came to visit!!


Photobucket

No comments: