Monday, March 2, 2009

Another Good Doctor's Appointment

What a blessing!! We had another doctor's appointment this morning and once again everything looks great and on schedule. Maddox's heartbeat was 150 and sounded good!! We have our next appointment in another 4 weeks and then after that appt.I think we switch to going every 2 weeks instead of 4.. One thing that did happen at today's appt. was I got my glucose test "beverage." I have been warned about this test so I was expecting to hear about it today and sure enough I will be having to do it in 3 weeks. The test is to check for gestational diabetes which is apparently more common during pregnancy because of some of the hormones being produces. What you have to do is drink 5 ounces of this "mystery" liquid (which mine looks like sprite but I've heard others are orange) an hour before having your blood drawn. I've heard it's not the easiest stuff to get down, so I'll let you know how that goes in 3 weeks when I have to drink it. The only problem is if you fail this first test then you have to do a 3 hour test which I've heard isn't too pleasant either. Let pray that I pass this first one :D. Other than that there's not much else to report. I feel like my belly is getting bigger by the day and my belly button is on the verge of popping out...we'll see if it comes all the way out or just stays flat.

On an unrelated note...I'm super excited about the Bachelor tonight. I have been watching it each with with several girl and we have a great time together. We decided when we were watching the premiere that when the finale came on we would all dress up and have a party while watching it. So, tonight we are all getting dolled up (which being nearly 6 months pregnant has made a bit difficult) and have reserved the media room (big screen tv and movie theater seating) in the clubhouse of our apartment and are watching to see what happens. I've heard some rumors as to what is going to happen but I am hoping they are not true because I do not like what I've heard one bit!! But we shall see!! I will definitely take some pictures tonight and post them on here so be looking forward to that!!

Photobucket

No comments: