Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How big is Maddox and Mommy? - 22 weeks

We are moving right along. I can't believe we only have 18 weeks left. I'll have to admit that I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed because we have so much going on right now. It doesn't seem possible that in the next 18 weeks we will have a baby, new car and hopefully a new house. That's a lot of big stuff and all at the same time. Granted it's is all really exciting stuff but a bit stressful none the less.

But of course that isn't the point of this post. The point is to see how big our sweet Maddox has gotten and also to see my new belly picture :D. At this point, Maddox is about the size of a spaghetti squash. He is about 11 inches long and weighs almost a pound.

His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

And now on to belly pictures...I really think I have grown over the last 4 weeks. I've started getting comments from strangers about being pregnant, which is nice because it means I don't just look fat anymore I actually look pregnant. So yay for that!! I'll be honest and say that thus far I have loved being pregnant. I am so thankful that things have gone so smoothly. Just within the last couple of weeks have I started feeling at all uncomfortable. My back is starting to hurt when I sit for too long but laying down and standing don't cause me any problems at this point. And, thankfully at this point I see no sign of stretch marks. I am taking preventative measures though and using the stretch mark lotion once or twice a day. Hopefully, that will be enough to prevent them. But enough talking...here is my 18 week picture from last time and my new 22 week picture...What do you think, have I grown??





















Photobucket

3 comments:

Abby said...

Your belly has definitely grown!! It makes me miss mine! I love it! A little comfort about the stretch marks...you probably won't get them and if you do they fade FAST! I only got a few on the hind end area :) and it's only been 4 weeks and almost completely faded. So keep using your coco butter and don't stress. You are so cute and I love keeping up with you and maddox!

Tammy M. said...

Your tummy is so precious! Glad you are feeling so well!

M'chelle said...

Ahhh H you are too cute!!! You look like the cute preggo ladies we used to always comment about while at the gym! LOL! Love ya!