Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yay for my new Lens


My new camera lens just got here and I am so excited! When I was in Abilene last week I was able to spend about an hour with an amazing photographer who went to the same church as us. Her name is Tammy and if you are in need of a photographer you should definitely check her out because her work is awesome...Here is a link to her photography blog http://www.marcelainphotography.blogspot.com/.

Anyways, I'm telling you about that because during that hour she taught me the basics of my new camera and inspired me to get this new lens. It's not a super fancy or very expensive one but its pretty neat. It is a Canon fixed lens that goes down to 1.8 in the f number thingy. Ha, obviously I still don't have my photog lingo down. But the that number is the main reason I got this particular lens. I love pictures where the person or main object is in focus and the rest of the picture is blurred and that low number is the way to do that. I didn't realize how expensive lenses were until I started looking after meeting with Tammy. But WOWZA. However, this particular one was very reasonable and according to all the reviews it's a really good lens for the price.

I start my class next week so hopefully I will learn a lot and be able to start taking some better pictures!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tammy M. said...

Super yummy lense. You will LOVE your pics when you shoot wide open with this on the 1.8 setting. Delicious pics. Can't wait to see some pics with this lense.