Friday, October 3, 2008

INSPI(RED) Christmas Cards!!

I LOVE Christmas. And I love sending out Christmas cards. I have done it every year since Collin and I got married. Usually, I am really bad though and wait until the last minute to get my cards and they are all picked over and the cute ones are gone. However, this year I am on top of things. And since our Christmas card list has grown considerably in the last 11 weeks, I figured I needed to start early in order to get enough of the ones I wanted. I went out with 2 ladies from church today and we happened to go in a Hallmark and I saw the Christmas cards out and jumped on the opportunity to buy them early.

This year I actually went a different route than usual. These cards aren't super fancy like the ones I usually get with glitter and a slot for a photo. They do however go towards a good cause which makes them so much better. Apparently, Hallmark has teamed up with PRODUCT (RED) and come out with a line of Christmas cards that donates some of the proceeds to help fight the AIDS epidemic in Africa. Right when I saw this I knew these were the cards I wanted to get.

I know this is silly but Collin and I always watch American Idol and for the last 2 years they have done a show dedicated to raising money for those in need. One of the big things they give money to is people in Africa. Every year they show those videos that just break your heart. And every year It makes me want to help in some way. The first year, I will admit, I saw it and was sad but didn't actually do anything. But the second year, I decided that I wanted to do something. So, what I have decided to do is for Christmas this year instead of spending lots of money on gifts for my all of my family I am going to get them (well some of them) these t-shirts made by the ONE organization which also supports those in need in Africa by using the funds to fight hunger there. The shirts are super cute and at the same time are for a great cause. That was really all I had planned to do right now for that cause but when I saw these Christmas cards I just couldn't pass them up.

One of my passions is children and I hate that some (lots really) have to grow up in the conditions that they do. I wish I could help in more ways but this is a start I suppose. I hope to be able to go on more mission trips like the one Collin and I went on to Honduras in which I am able to physically be with these people who are in need and try to help them more.

They had several choices that were part of the Product Red campaign. So, if you send out Christmas cards every year I would highly recommend you check them out because isn't that what the Christmas season is all about?!?!

I have a countdown to Christmas thing on my computer so in case you were wondering its only 83 days away. If you want to get an early start now is the time because it will be here before you know it.

By the way...if it doesn't show up right...you can click on PRODUCT RED and ONE above and it will take you to their perspective websites in case you are interested in checking them out. Both are outstanding organizations that really help those in need.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tammy M. said...

I love (red) products. They make me happy too!