Thursday, January 20, 2011

Transition

Last Friday we made the big move from the crib to the big boy bed!! It was very traumatic lol. Maddox put up a MAJOR fight and threw one of the biggest fits I have ever seen!! He kicked and screamed and refused to stay in his bed or let me rock him. He kept getting down running in to the new nursery and pointing at his crib...it seriously broke my heart!! I finally ended up taking a break and letting him play for a little while and eventually got him calmed down enough to rock him and finally get him to sleep. Once he got to sleep he stayed asleep the rest of the night. I would for sure take the fight getting to bed over waking up during the night anytime!!! Every night since then he has fought me less and less so hopefully we are well on our way to a normal routine just with the big bed now. His furniture looks great in his room and once I get all the decor hung on the walls I will post pictures...promise!!

We have also made some progress on baby girl's nursery too!! We have all the furniture moved in there now, I've put super cute pink and brown knobs on the dresser/changing table, gotten the bedding all put on the crib, and bought some super cute things to hang on the wall!! Once again I will post pictures once I get it all set up!! But this one might take a little longer since it's not on the top of the priority list and it won't be needed for a little while :D.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenny said...

We aren't too far behind! We will probably move Addy into her big girl room in a month (once I finally get it finished!). Although she is excited about it and talks about her big girl room constantly, I'm apprehensive about how it's really going to go. There's something nice about having them contained! Glad to know that Maddox is making progress! Hope you are feeling good! And yay for Baby Girl :)