Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my husband!!

Last night Collin got me one of the best surprises!!! He called me at about 4:00 and told me we were going to dinner with our friends Daniel and Jennifer and their kids at Chuck E. Cheese and then going out after. So we went to dinner and then headed out at about 6:30 or so. They said we were just going to go downtown to see what was going on and hang out. Denver has a pretty cool downtown so I didn't even think twice about it.

Daniel took a sort of round about way to get there so until we turned into the Pepsi Center I honestly thought we were just going to walk down the 16th St. Mall downtown. Once we made that turn though I realized what was happening. We were going to the Carrie Underwood concert!! She is one of my favorite singers and I had been wanting to go for months since I first found out she was coming. I had been casually been dropping hints to Collin for a while that I wanted to go but had decided that it wasn't going to happen. Once we got there though I was so excited!! I couldn't believe it!!

A group called Lady Antebellum opened for her and they were pretty good. I didn't really know any of their songs but I liked them. Then the second opening act was Randy Travis. It was great because my sisters and I grew up listening to him so it brought back lots of fun memories! Then came Carrie!! She was A-mazing!! And I'm pretty sure she waved at Jennifer and me!! ;) I have always said that American Idol contestants are better in concert than most people because they are more used to singing live and it was true!! She was great!! I was so glad to have been there!!

Once again I forgot my camera...since I didn't know we were going I wasn't able to be prepared!! But here are a few really grainy pictures I took on my cell phone. You probably can't see very well but it's the best I could come up with :D




Thanks Jennifer and Daniel for helping with the surprise!! And thank you Collin for a great surprise and an awesome night!!! I love you!! You are the best!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lindsay Lou said...

I must say I am jealous, being the HUGE Carrie Underwood fan that I am. I'm glad you got such a great surprise!