Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blasted DVR and Birthday Shoutout

As I have stated on here several times before I am a self proclaimed TV junkie. I love my TV shows. I look forward to them each week and become totally engrossed in the story lines. I am so excited now that new episodes of all my favorite shows are coming back on after the long summer hiatus. This leads me to the topic of this here blog.

I have felt since the day we got it that DVR was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I mean it's so awesome! You can record all your favorite shows with just the push of a button. Then when you go to watch them you can fast forward through all the commercials and it's just wonderful. Well, last night the wonder that is DVR let me down. Two of my most favorite shows were on and we weren't going to be home to watch them live (as usual) so I set up my DVR to record them so they would be waiting for me when we got home. I was so excited. Most people dread Mondays but I look forward to them because these two shows come on. Well as you can guess, we arrived back home at around 11:00 pm or so and I was determined to watch them even though it was late. I mean I had been waiting all week for them to come on. So, I sat down on the couch ready to go, opened up the saved recordings folder and NOTHING! They weren't there. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, it did not record. I was upset to say the least. I mean I REALLY wanted to watch my shows. Some pretty dramatic stuff happened last week on them and left us hanging and I needed to find out what happened but I couldn't. I know it's stupid but I was so mad that even though it was super late by this point it couldn't even sleep. It seriously took me like an hour to get to sleep because I just laid there angry.

Thankfully, I woke up earlier that I need to this morning for Ladies Bible Study and was able to download the episode of the show I wanted to watch the most off of iTunes. But just because my stupid DVR messed up I lost sleep and it cost me two bucks to see what I could have seen for free in HD on our nice big TV. All I have to say is that blasted DVR better not mess up again or else. :D

**************************************************

And on an unrelated not I wanted to wish my sweet little Toby a happy 3rd birthday!! He has grown so much!!

Toby right after I got him!! He was about 12 weeks old and weighed a little over a pound.

Toby now at age 3.  He now weighs 8.9 pounds.
I just love my little dog.  Happy Birthday Toby, or as I usually call him "Little Dog."

Photobucket

1 comment:

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

Sorry Holly, I would be frustrated to. I'm interested in knowing the show you wanted to see more, GG or OTH. Don't forget you can get them for free off the CW website.