Thursday, September 4, 2008

I did it!!

What did I do you might be asking!?!?! Well, I will tell you! I finally made myself get in the workout room. Collin and I are blessed to be able to have free access to the workout room here at our apartment complex but I have been too lazy to take advantage of it. It's one of those things where I would say "OK, I'm going to start working out on Monday" and then Monday would come around and "something" would come up. So here we are exactly 8 weeks after moving in to our apartment and yesterday was my first day to workout. I got some new running shoes (even though technically I don't run very much...I'm not in good enough shape yet) and enjoyed trying them out today. Check them out they are pretty cool huh?!?



Anyways, I'm pretty proud of myself because I have been putting this off for a while now. I just didn't know how the workout would go because of the lack of oxygen up here...but thankfully it wasn't too bad. The only problem now is that I am super sore and don't really want to go again today...so we'll see how that goes. Maybe I will recoup today and then go tomorrow. Hopefully, this will be the start of a new good habit.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Laura Beth and Cliff said...

Good Job Holly!! I'm proud of you.

Casey said...

one thing you can do so that you don't get sore and burnt out is go real easy the first few days and build yourself up. Or work different muscle groups so you don't get sore and don't go back to the gym. Also, keep a log of what muscles you do on what machines and how many pounds you do. It will keep you going and motivated. I on the other hand cant work out for another 6 weeks and until it gets a little cooler but thats what worked for my husband and me along with some of our friends. Great job for going after it- thats always the hard part.

Hey! Congrats on your move to Colorado. My SIL lived in the area but moved back to AZ the same weekend you all moved there. Enjoy the weather and its beauty. And God luck with your new journey in Gods life.
~Casey