Friday, July 11, 2008

We're Getting There

Things are finally starting to come together. We are getting things unpacked and our apartment is becoming livable. It's hard work but a lot of fun to get things set up.

Yesterday, with the help of several guys from the church we (and by we I mean they) got the truck unloaded in a little less than an hour. It was truly amazing. Then after a bit more frustration (the trailer came unhooked from the truck and broke a cable and then got stuck in the break position while Collin was driving it) we returned the truck and trailer and headed back home to assess the huge mess we had. We started by putting together our bedroom furniture so that we could have some where to sleep. That took a few hours and then we headed out at about 10:15 pm in search of some essentials, like soap and some snacks. We were planning on going to the Super Target just down the street but quickly found out that it closes at 10. We then decided Walmart would do and continued on the same road figuring it couldn't be far. Boy were we wrong. We drove around for 45 minutes before we found one. It was crazy. I mean it seems like usually you see a Walmart on every corner but the one time we really needed one we couldn't find it anywhere. Even though we were super tired we still had fun cruising around town all night. I think we need someone to draw us a map with all the important stuff on it, like Walmart, Target and the good malls.

It will be so nice when we get everything unpacked and get all the boxes out of our house. I think we should be finished in a few days. The only think I wish I had is a friend with some decorating sense to come and give me some tips and new ideas because I tend to just do the same things. But I will be able to manage, I suppose.

We are really enjoying our apartment and love the set up. We are so glad we chose this place and will keep working until we get it all put together.

Photobucket

1 comment:

M'chelle said...

Thanks H! I did do it myself and I was so excited that now I don't have to pay to have my blog redone every time I feel like a "face lift"...YAY! I can't wait to see pictures of your new place made into your home. Miss you lots and can't wait to see ya again! Love ya...XOXO M!