Thursday, July 31, 2008

Understanding

Sometimes you just don't...understand that is. For example, right now Collin is at the hospital with a man in his 30's who is most likely living the last few hours of his life and I don't understand why. I don't understand why Daniel has to have cancer at such a young age. I don't understand why he has to leave behind his wife and 2 young boys. I just don't understand sometimes. I haven't met Daniel before but the situation still breaks my heart.

I think we have all gone through hard times during which we have prayed for God to help us understand what He is doing. I know I have. But there are still times when we just can't see the big picture that God can see.

There are some things that I am OK with not understanding. I can handle not understanding exactly how God created everything and how Jesus was both God and man at the same time. While it would be nice to know those things, I can still have faith without understanding them. However, situations like Daniel's and the many, many, other similar situations are so much harder to move past. I feel like it would make it so much easier to deal with loss if we could understand it a little more.

People have asked the "why" question forever and I'm certain will continue to ask it until the Lord comes back. Not understanding is something that plagues us all at one point or another in our lives and is so hard to deal with because there is not an answer.

I pray that God will bring peace in those times of questioning. That He will bring healing in times of loss. And if it's His will that He will bring understanding to His people when necessary.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I totally understand where your heart is, Holly. I can't tell you how many times I question the Lord's methods and ways. He has taught me to just hold hard and fast to His promises and His hand as he leads and refines me through the trials and turbulent winds of this earthly life. I appreciate your sweet spirit. You and Collin will be in my prayers. Be blessed.
Lauren Cunningham