Saturday, July 5, 2008

Talk about a bad haircut...

Thankfully, it wasn't my hair but my poor little maltese, Toby, now looks like a terrier. I am so thankful to my parents for puppy-sitting Toby this summer while we have been in Dallas. The only bad thing about him staying there is that he loves to play with my sister's 90 lb. golden retriever, Doc, who drools all over him. This causes his hair to get extremely matted and gross. Usually I can take him to the groomer and they can get the mats out but it has been so long since his last grooming that it just wasn't possible. He really looked pitiful. So, I took him to Petsmart yesterday and they told me there was just no way they could get all the mats out and that they would have to shave him. For the most part this was fine because we usually keep Toby's hair short on his body but we never shave his face, we always keep the maltese look. I told them they could do what they needed to do but was hoping they could somehow get the mats out of his ears without having to shave them off. No such luck. When I went to pick him up I no longer saw my sweet little maltese, I saw a little terrier. It's not a huge deal because I know his hair will grow back but it just makes me sad that he doesn't look like the cute little white dog I am used to seeing. Here is a picture of what he is supposed to look like and a picture of him after his unfortunate haircut.



He just looks so much happier with his longer hair...poor baby. Hopefully, it grows back fast!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

He does look a little sad about his haircut:(