Saturday, December 9, 2006

White elephant...


I will have to say I am not really a fan of the whole white elephant Christmas gift thing. We had a Christmas party for our young marrieds class at church and every one was supposed to bring something from their home to give that they didn't want or need anymore. We brought this salt and pepper set and cream and sugar set that we had received as a wedding gift 2 1/2 years ago and still not used. It just didn't go with any of our stuff. However, what we got in return was much worse (see the picture above...although Collin seemed to like them...so I don't know??) We came home with that set of Christmas bunnies names Hip and Hop which to me look like they are at least 20 years old. They are hideous. Collin said he thought they were cute and wanted to put them out at our house, while I wanted to leave them at the house the party was at. We compromised and brought them home and put them up in the closet for safe keeping until the next white elephant party.

In my opinion, you can get something like a $5.00 gift card to Starbucks and that would be so much better than the junk you end up with at those things. I just really do not understand the point of it all. Just bring your junk and trade with someone else for their junk...it's just silly. I suppose it's all in good fun, but really I would rather save the wrapping paper and just hang out and eat some good food. Oh well, I guess now we just have a new gift for the next white elephant gift exchange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! That looks like Mario and Toby! lol Maybe those outfits would fit them!! hehe