Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Life in Slow Motion...

Have you ever felt like everyone around you was living their lives while yours was stuck in pause??

That is how I have been feeling lately. I feel like all my friends have graduated and are moving on with their lives, moving to new places, getting dream jobs, and having babies, while I am stuck here in Abilene. This is something I have been struggling with for a while now and something I have spent alot of time thinking about and complaining about. However, I decided a few weeks ago after a conversation Collin and I had with two of our very best friends (who have moved to New York) that I needed to change my attitude. I have spent so much time during the past six months griping about my situation here in Abilene that I haven't been able to enjoy my time here.

I have really been praying lately for God to grant me with the gift of contentment, becuase it is something I have lacked for a while. In high school I couldn't wait until I moved away to college, then college came and I couldn't wait to graduated, now I have and find my self longing to move to a new city, get a house, and have kids. It's like a never ending circle. I have really been trying to make the most out of the time I have left here in Abilene because I know I will never have a time in my life like the time I have now. I have basically no worries right now. I work for great people, have a great house, and only have a husband and dog to take care of...not that they are anywhere close to the same :). I just really want to make the best of my time here so that when I look back on it I have great memories instead of six years worth of complaining.

No comments: