Thursday, December 7, 2006

Is it Christmas yet???

Man...I love Christmas. It is my favorite time of the year by far!! It's not just the presents...don't get me wrong, I love presents, but it's more than that. I love decorating the house, not that we have that many decorations yet, just some lights and a tree and stockings, but I still love it. I love Christmas parties. Hanging out with friends and eating lots of good food. I love love love Christmas music. I would listen to it year around if Collin would let me. I love hanging out with my family. We have so much fun together. I love going to look at Christmas lights with Collin's family every year and I love spending the night with my family and waking up on Christmas morning to see what Santa has brought...Yes, we still do Santa even though the youngest member in our fam is now almost 14 years old. :) I also love taking pictures with my mom and sisters in our matching pj's that we get every year. Christmas is just great.

One thing I hope to experience before I die is a white Christmas. I have lived in Texas my whole life and love it here, but I can't remember it ever snowing on Christmas since I have been alive. I think it would be so awesome to wake up on Christmas morning to snow covered lawns and houses. I suppose it's not very likely as long as I live here but I'm still holding out!!

Christmas time is a lot different now for me that it was when I was in school, grade school all the way through college, because I used to get to go home for at least a month at Christmas time. Unfortunately that is not the case anymore. I have entered the real world and to be honest, I wish I could go back to the...ummm...not real world?!?! If that's what you call it...I don't know. I always heard older people say one day you will miss being in school, I never believed them. Now here I am only one year out of school and I already miss it. Most of our friends here are all in school so they go home during the winter break but we only get to go home for about 5 days because I have to work and it makes me sad. Oh well I will just have to make the best of my time there.

So...that's about it. I love Christmas and can't wait until it gets here...only 18 more days...yay!!

No comments: