Thursday, December 30, 2010

18 Months =1 1/2 years

I can not believe I have a 1 1/2 year old little boy!! For some reason 1 1/2 seems older to me than 18 months even though I am aware that they are the same lol. It is insane how quickly the time has flown by!! We went to the doctor this morning for his 18 month well check and the Dr. said he is perfect!! He weighs 27 lbs. 6 oz. which is in the 70th percentile and is 34 1/4 in. long which is in the 93rd percentile!! I didn't realize he was SO tall and it seems like he is finally slimming down since he is more active now!! I am so thankful for a healthy little boy!!

Out little buddy is so much fun these days!! He keeps us cracking up constantly!! He really is a little clown and knows exactly what to do to make us laugh at him!! His is busy busy busy and just goes non-stop playing with toys and learning new things!!

Here is a little of what he is up to these days...
*He wears size 18-24 month clothes.
*He is still in size 4 diapers.
*He has shoes ranging from sizes 5-7.
*He goes to bed around 7:30 pm and wakes up between 7 and 8 am.
*He takes one nap a day anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours but most days its 1 1/2 hours.
*He loves taking a bath.
*Some of his favorite toys are cars, trains, balls, Dance Star Mickey, and stuffed animals.
*He is the cutest little dancer I have ever seen and always busts a move when he hears music.
*He loves reading books.
*He is learning more and more words. Some of the new ones are..
-Trash
-Crash
-Shoes
-Bath
-Go
-Juice
-Sponge Bob
-Choo Choo
*One of his favorite new things is to throw things in the trash. He especially enjoys putting his dirty diapers in the diaper genie.
*He will shake his head yes and no to things he wants and doesn't want.
*He has a mouth full of teeth. He only lacks the bottom 2 eye teeth before the 2 year molars next year.

That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure there is more!! He of course has his toddler moments when he throws some serious tantrums but that is to be expected at this age. In the next couple of week we will be making the dreaded step of taking away the paci!! I asked for some tips today at the doctor's office and got some things to try. She said the main thing is to try and make sure he is done with it by the time we come back for his 2 year appointment. I will let you know how that transition goes. We will also be making another transition soon from the crib to a big boy bed. We don't really want to purchase another crib just so Maddox can stay in his for a few extra months once the baby comes along so after we find out the sex of #2 and figure our who we want in which room we will look for big boy furniture and start making that transition as well. I will of course keep you updated on that move too!!

I guess that is about all that is going on in the life of our 1 1/2 year old right now. I am thankful on a daily basis that God chose Collin and me to be his mommy and daddy!! He is such a joy and a precious gift to our family!! I love getting to watch him grow on a daily basis!! It is such a sweet time in our lives!!

I will try to get some pictures to post soon because I know that is what you guys really want to see :D.

Photobucket

No comments: