Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Service

Instilling the virtue of service in our children is super important to Collin and me!! We want our kids to know how to serve and love serving others. Most Tuesdays, Maddox and I got up to His Hands Christian Ministries for a few hours to help out. I know Maddox is still really young and doesn't really understand what we are doing or why we are there but I think it is important to start him out from the very beginning learning about service.

Today, we were up there and I was working the check-in table like I always do and he totally melted my heart. Like I said, I know he doesn't totally get it but there are definitely some connections being made by our continued time up there. At the check-in table people come in, sign in, I check them in on the computer and we give them a ticket to receive their sack of food. Maddox was sitting in the chair next to me when someone walked in and he said "Hi", then picked up a little purple ticket and held it out to give it to the person signing in!! SOOOO cute!! He was obviously just imitating what he has seen me do in the past but I think that goes to show the importance of our children seeing us serve.

I truly hope our time spend up at His Hands, even though its just a few hours a week, will make an impact in molding him into a person who loves serving others!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and your heart to teach Maddox and the little ones who follow to serve. You are an example to me. Diane

M'chelle said...

Sweet Maddox! He is such a precious angel! So glad our boys are close in age...now if only we could do something about proximity, JK, LOL!