Friday, December 17, 2010

Strep and Ear Infections

I forgot to post about this in my Texas post...

Unfortunately while we were in Dallas, my buddy woke up one morning with a fever and just seemed to be feeling yucky!! I gave him doses of Tylenol throughout the day but that didn't seem to be bring the fever down at all. All day Thursday he was super cranky and fussy and I could just tell he felt crummy!! Finally on Friday morning when he woke up still burning up I decided it was time to take him to the walk in clinic!! They checked him out (he weighs 29 lbs now!!) and finally diagnosed him with strep throat and a double ear infection!! Poor buddy!!! They decided since we would be flying the next day to head home that it would be best to give him a shot because that would kick in a lot faster than the antibiotics which could take 48 hours to start working. He of course screamed when he got the shot but it did seem to start helping by the afternoon!! They also gave him 3 prescriptions: 1 oral one for the infection, ear drops and a cream for the terrible rash he had from the infection!! We are still working on finishing the round of ab but he seems to be completely back to his normal self!!

It is so hard to see your baby so sick and it is especially hard at this age because they can't tell you what's hurting and what they need you to do for them!! I'm just thankful we were able to figure put what was wrong and get him to feeling better before our 2 hour flight back home!! And thankfully neither Collin nor I came down with it so that is really good!!

I'm glad my happy, silly baby boy is back!!!

Photobucket

No comments: