Saturday, December 25, 2010

Until Next Year...

I can hardly believe Christmas has already come and gone!! It seems like that happens faster and faster every year!! It was so much fun celebrating with my sweet little boy this year and I know it will only get better the older he gets and as our family grows!!


Last night we went to the Christmas Eve service at our church (Maddox looked SO cute all dressed up), had dinner with our friends the Davis', and then came home and got ready for bed. I continued the tradition from my family of getting new jammies to wear on Christmas Eve night. I can't wait until next year when I get to find matching jammies for my babies!! After Maddox went to bed, Collin and I assembled a train set for Maddox and set everything out for the first of what will be many Christmases to come!!






Collin and I are still trying to decide how we want to do the whole "Santa" thing with our kids because we feel like it is a tradition that has gotten WAAAY out of hand!! I am by no means saying that our children won't get gifts but we are just thinking we might would rather be creative and come up with another way of doing things without creating a bully kid that spoils it for everyone else!!

This morning Maddox got up at around 7:30 and was pleasantly surprised to find a new train set ready for him to play with when he came down stairs!! We opened gifts and enjoyed watching Maddox play with all of his new toys!!





We ended up just hanging out at the house all day and had brisket, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, shoepeg corn, and green beans for lunch!! Yummy!!

It was a great Christmas but I have to say I did miss being with the rest of my family back in Texas!! It is hard to believe that next year at this time we will have a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old!! I can't wait to celebrate this fabulous holiday with my family of 4 next year!!

I hope your Christmas was as fabulous as mine was and pray that your 2011 is richly blessed!!


Photobucket

No comments: