Friday, January 29, 2010

7 Months Old

Well, here is the post you have all been waiting for today. My sweet baby is 7 months old. I say this every month but I really can't believe how fast the time has gone by. He is so much fun these days and his personality is coming through more and more!! He has the most precious little smile I have ever seen and my favorite new thing he is doing is give kisses. I have been working on this for a while but he has just started doing it. I will say "give momma kisses" and he will lean in with his mouth wide open for a kiss. It is absolutely adorable!! Of course he won't do it every time I ask (particularly when I'm trying to show someone...lol) but it is so sweet when he does do it.

We don't go back to the doctor for a well check until he is 9 months old so I won't have his growth stats until then. I do try and weigh him on our scale by weighing myself and then weighing myself while holding him. Right now I think he weighs around 20.5 lbs and let me tell you he feels like ALL of 20 lbs when you are holding him!!

Here are a few other things he is up to at 7 months...

*He wears size 2-3 diapers.
*He wears 6-9 month clothes.
*He wears size 2 shoes (when he wears them...usually we still just do socks)
*He has an 8 oz. bottle when he first wakes up and one right before bed and then 3 - 6 oz. bottles in between.
*He has had several different kinds of baby food and has loved them all. However the only fruits he has had are bananas, apple sauce and prunes and the first 2 gave him terrible diaper rash so we are taking the fruits slow. (He does LOVE prunes though...eww).
*He also eats puffs and bitter biscuits, as well as a few table foods like french fries, mashed potatoes, and crackers. He pretty much loves anything you put in his mouth.
*He typically goes to bed around 7:30-8 pm and wakes up around 6:45-7. I usually leave him in his room until 7:15-7:30.
* He takes 3-4 naps a day still. Usually one long one (1-2 hours) and then 2-3 shorter ones (30 min). He still will not nap in his crib though and insists on being on the couch with me. Hopefully, he will grow out of that.
*She still doesn't seem anywhere near crawling because he won't even push himself up when he is laying on his tummy. But we are trying to do more tummy time each day to help that.
*He has 2 teeth, both bottom middle ones.
*He has started going to the nursery during church and does great!! It's a nice break for mommy too :D.
*He isn't saying any words yet but he has the "D" sound down so I'm thinking he will be saying "Dada" before too long!!
*He loves playing with toys.
*He can sit pretty much unassisted but still topples over sometimes so he has to be watched.
*He enjoys jumping in his bouncer.
*One of his favorite things is taking a bath. I always know that if he is super fussy I can put him in the bath and he will calm right down!!
*He has started sitting in a high chair when we go out to eat and in the shopping cart when I am out and loves being able to look around!!

That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure there is more. He is such a happy baby and I just love it. He loves being out and about and is such a trooper when I drag him all over the place!! So, I know you all are really just here for the pictures so I won't make you wait any longer. Here is Mr. Maddox at 7 months old...(you can see one of his teeth in some of the pics...its on the bottom left side. I think the 2nd one shows it the best and it will get bigger if you click on it!! :D)














Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe Maddox is 7 months old today!!! Time flies by fast!! He is precious... we are so thankful to have him in our lives and you and Collin. Love and Blessings!!! Diane

Lauren said...

Maddox is PRECIOUS, Holly! I really want to meet him in person, and you too! He is growing and changing so fast.