Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

So, I know a lot of people choose not to make resolutions because they are typically just broken but this year I have decided that some goals are necessary!! At this point Collin and I have 3 specific goals set out for us as a couple and are determined to accomplish them!! I would ask that you all help us out and hold us accountable to these goals!!

1. Drink only water. Let me just say that I LOVE Dr. Pepper. I love that sweet taste and the feel of the bubbles going down. I think this goal will be extremely difficult because there are certain foods that I feel like you need to have a coke with. But I am going to try VERY hard to stick to this and cut out all those empty calories that I consume on a daily basis!!

2. Cut out all Desserts. I think this will be the easiest of the three. I do like dessert but I will typically lean towards salty foods so I think giving up desserts will be easier than giving up my beloved Dr. Pepper!!

3. Run the White Rock Marathon on 12/12/2010. I love the show The Biggest Loser and this past season as I was watching I saw the final 4 contestants run a marathon. I thought to myself...If those 400+ lb. people can run a marathon then I can certainly do that. I also feel like it would be such an accomplishment. I know this is going to be a hard task and will take a lot of work and dedication but I think with the encouragement of Collin and some friends that we are doing this with we will be able to accomplish it.

I write this post because I want people to know about these goals so that all of you can hold me accountable and help encourage me as I work towards these 3 things!! So, if you see me around ask me how it's going.

Have any of you set resolutions or goals as we start out this new decade??

Photobucket

No comments: