Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Brooklyn - 4 Months


How is it even possible that my baby girl is 4 months old already?  I know I say that every time I do one of these monthly posts but really its like the time just flies by.  Our sweet B is such a blessing to our family.  She has such a calm, laid back disposition! She pretty much just goes with the flow, which makes my life much easier!  And can I just say, she has the most AMAZING eyes!  A lot has gone on in her 4th month of life.  We took her on our trip to the Northeast. She got her first fever and cold.  She started sleeping in her crib.  She went to the nursery at church for the first time.  And she started rolling over from her tummy to her back.








We had our first well check with our new pediatrician and I really liked her.  Finding new docs is hard work but i think we have a good one.  She said Brooklyn looked great and was growing and developing right on track so that is always a blessing to hear!  She had to get 2 shots and 1 oral vaccine and that has made her a little grumpy and clingy.  Hopefully she is back to her happy self soon!  She has grown a ton in the last 2 months.  I told you the dr was a bit concerned that she was in the 5th % for weight at her 2 month appt but not she has jumped all the way up to the 49th % so she is growing like a champ!  I am thankful she was able to put on some weight without an supplementing!  The dr. said we can start introducing solid anytime between now and 6 months.  That is always a fun adventure.  We will start trying out some cereal, fruits and veggies before too long.  I am contemplating making my own baby food this time around but we will see if that actually happens :D.  

At 4 months our little miss is...
* 13 lbs 14 oz which is the 49th %tile
* 25 1/4 in which is the 70th %tile
*wearing 3 month cloths
*wearing size 2 diapers
*nurses every 3 hours during the day
*goes to bed between 7-8 and sleeps on her back until daddy gives her a bottle around midnight and then sleeps until between 5-7.  I am really looking forward to her starting to sleep better soon!!  
*She still naps at least for a little while after each feeding.  I try to get her to take at least 1 long nap a day but she doesn't always cooperate and often the long nap starts in her crib and ends in my arms (which is really ok with me :D)
*She loves being in the water, so the pool and bath time are big hits.
*She enjoys sitting in her activity bouncer.
*She giggles but hasn't given us the big belly laugh yet.
*She has the cutest dimples when she smiles.
*Her new fav thing to play with is her toes.




We are just loving watching her little personality come out.  I am just so thankful that God chose us to be this precious baby's family!  I feel like she is getting bigger every day and while it makes me sad to see our last baby grow up it's also exciting to watch her learn new things!  I can't wait to see what her 5th month holds!
Photobucket

No comments: