Friday, August 15, 2014

My Big 5 year old

Well I realized that i never posted Maddox's 5 year post.  Its unbelievable that we already have a 5 year old.  He is such a sweet boy.  Maddox is our black and white rule follower.  He is very cautious and doesn't typically like to try new things.  He is a thinker and has a sensitive heart.  He cares for others and is typically the quiet one in a group.  I just love his sweet spirit.  We decided with this move that we would go ahead and hold him back on starting kindergarten.  He will do another year of preschool and we will start next year.  I definitely think he is smart enough to start but with his birthday being late we chose to wait to give him just one more year to mature.

We had a little birthday party for him before we left Colorado and he had fun hanging out with his friends.  At his 5 year doctors appointment he had to get 4 shots but he took them like a champ.  I had been preparing him for a while and told him that if he was brave then he could pick out a prize at the toy store.  He did awesome and didn't even cry.  Unfortunately, I can't remember where I put his paper from his appointment to see how much he weighed and how tall he was but if it shows up I will add it in later :D.

We are so proud of our little buddy and love that we get to be his mommy and daddy!

love this precious boy

his reaction to getting his new golf clubs on his bday

he chose a Monsters University cake this year





Photobucket

No comments: