Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sleep Training

This past week we (and by we I mean I) officially began sleep training B.  Unfortunately, a part of her crib was lost in the move so between that and the move and our trip we are doing this about 6 weeks later than we did with her brother and sister.  We tried to find the missing part but since our crib had been discontinued we couldn't find it.  I ended up finding a nice crib on craigslist not far from us and we bought it.  It is a convertible crib so if we decide to keep and buy the conversion kits it we can make it into a toddler bed, day bed and then a full bed.




The first night we put her in it she did alright.  She had already fallen asleep so we just laid her down.  She woke up to eat at 10:45 pm, 3:15 am and 6:15 am.  It is a lot harder on me having to go upstairs every time she wakes up so hopefully she will stop waking up so often soon.


The second night in her crib I started the dreaded cry it out process.  It is definitely not one of my favorite parts of parenting.  It makes me so sad to just leave them in there screaming.  But I know its what needs to happen and in the long run it will be better for us all.  Thankfully, she only cried for about 30 minutes which is way better than her brother and sister did on their first night!  Hopefully, it will only get better from here.  

With her being my last, I have to say it was a little sad to move her out of our room and into hers.  Every milestone is a last and I get a little nostalgic when each one happens.  I will be glad though when she starts sleeping though the night because this momma is quite tired after over 3 months of not getting a full nights sleep.  So here's to sleep training and sleeping through the night soon!
Photobucket

No comments: