Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent

I am well aware that I attend a section of the church that does not participate in the church calendar. However, our life group has decided that we would all participate in Lent this year and discuss our progress as a group each week. I don't know a whole lot about Lent but I know it goes from Ash Wednesday (today) until Easter Sunday and that ends up being 40 days. Until last week I had always thought it was just giving something of importance up for the 40 days to help you anticipate the coming of Easter and the celebration of the Risen Lord. I learned last week though that it is not only giving something up but can also be adding something to you life that will make you better and bring you closer to God. So this year I have decided to add something to my life. I am not actually going to share what I have decided to add until the 40 days is up. On the Monday after Easter I will tell you what I have added and how it as effected my life. I hope I can stick to it and hopefully it will make me a better person and a better Christian. I would encourage you to look in to participating in Lent as well as it can be very beneficial as we look forward to the Easter holiday and celebrating Jesus' resurrection!! And if you feel comfortable doing so I would love to hear what you have chosen to do for Lent...just post it in the comments section!!

Photobucket

No comments: