Friday, February 19, 2010

Favorite Things Friday: Websites


So this week we are doing favorite websites. Let me just say that I don't know how I ever survived without the internet. I spend lots (probably too much) of time browsing the web!! There are the obvious favs like Facebook and Google Reader but I will share a couple of my lesser known favs.

1. Babysteals and Kidsteals - These are fun websites. Each day they have a new item that is sold at a super discounted price. Sometime they have really good stuff and sometimes it's kind of silly. But it's a good place to find a good deal on sometimes really expensive things.

2. Sporcle - This is the best website for mind-numbing time wasting!! It is just little quiz type things that range from all different categories. Collin and I sit and play on this website all of the time when we are bored.

3. IMDB - This website has been so helpful at times. Have you ever been watching a movie or TV show and seen an actor/actress and wondered what else you had seen them in and driven yourself crazy trying to figure it out?? Well this site is great for solving those questions. IMDB stands for Internet Movie Database. On it you can type in any movie, show, actor or actress and it will pull up a whole page with details about it/them telling you all the people in the movie or show and ever movie or show that the person has been in before. Just fabulous!!

4. DigiScrap Depot - This website is super fun if you like to create your own blog designs. I have fumbled around in photoshop enough and messed with my html code on my blog enough that I now know how to fancy it up just a bit and this site is where I get all my graphics and backgrounds. The best thing about it is that is has hundreds of pages of free kits to use!! The part of the site that I linked above is where the free ones are. I love being able to go here when I want to update my blog look and be able to find fun colors and themes to use!!

So those are some of my favorite websites. Next weeks theme hasn't been posted yet but I will post it as soon as I find out what it is!! Happy Friday!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kyle Brewer said...

Annie and I just wasted a bunch of time on sporcle... Thanks Holly

Allison Connor said...

I love kid/baby/scrapbook steals too! Have you heard of mamabargains dot com? It is similar, but they have deals all the time. When one sells out they start a new one. Enjoy!