Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jury Duty

BUMMER!!! I got my first jury summons since moving to Colorado in the mail today. I have gotten several of these since I have been 18 but this is the first one that I can't get out of. Big BUMMER!! I have always been a student except for the last on I got in Abilene which I was able to get out of because my bosses worked at the courthouse a lot and were able to get me out of it. So, on March 15th I am supposed to report to the courthouse for what will be my first official jury duty. Hopefully I won't get called and if I do maybe I'll be dismissed because I am a minister's wife which will make them think I can't be subjective. Who know. I guess the good thing is that you get paid lol but regardless of that I am not looking forward to it!! Let me know if you have any good tricks for getting out of it ;D.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Abby said...

In Texas, if you have a child under a certain age you don't have to serve jury duty...Is that not true in CO?

Linda H. said...

If you are the primary caregiver for either a child or another person who can't be left unattended, you are exempted from service in California as well. There is information on court's website regarding this, you could check your county's court website as well.