Friday, February 5, 2010

Favorite Things Friday: Valentines


This week for Favorite Things Friday we are supposed to post about our favorite Valentines stuff...decor, foods, traditions etc. I'll have to be honest and say that Valentines day isn't really my favorite holiday so I don't do any special decorating or anything but here are a couple of my favorite Valentine's things.

1. Necco Heart Candies - The white ones are my favorite of these candies. Unfortunately, this year we won't be having any of these yummy little candies because we have given up desserts (sweets) for the year.


2. Wendy's Tradition - OK, so this may sound crazy to some of you but every year since Collin and I have been together we have gone to Wendy's on Valentine's Day. It all started because on the first Valentine's day that we were together was just about a month after we had started dating and Collin wanted to make it perfect. He came over to my house and picked me up and we headed towards a restaurant. When we got there we found out the wait was like 2 hours as it was at like 4 other places too. So, after opening our gifts in the car in a Hooters parking lot we decided to just grab Wendy's and head to his house to watch a movie. After that first year we decided to make it a tradition and this year will be the 10th year that we have done it!! I just feel like we can go out to eat somewhere anytime and not have to wait 2 hours like you do on Valentine's Day. I think Collin feels bad that we do that every year and don't do something nice but I honestly prefer it over going and waiting somewhere for hours!!


So those are my 2 favorite Valentine's things.

Next week's theme is based on Love...post about your favorite things you love to TASTE, SEE, SMELL, HEAR, and TOUCH!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Life with the Ellwoods said...

Our trick..Olive Garden To-Go. If you call ahead and place an order it is ready in 15 minutes and then you get to have a nice, romantic evening at home.

Rachael said...

I love the Wendy's thing. So cute.