Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A quick trip filled with blessings

Collin and I just got back from a quick trip out to Abilene and even though we were only there for about 24 hours several awesome things happened.

First of all, we were able to get together with 4 of our friends for dinner. We have always enjoyed spending time with Chris, Mal, Kyle and Annie and it was good to be able to see them again and catch up a little. We are so excited for Kyle and Annie who will also be starting a new ministry job at about the same time as we are. And Chris and Mal always have something new going on with them, so it's fun to catch up.

After dinner, we were able to meet up with several seniors and college freshman to be from the Littleton youth group who were finishing up a trip where they visited several different Christian colleges. It was such blessing to be able to meet them and the interns. We were able to be a part of a devo with them and also experience a tradition on theirs where they all go around and encourage and challenge the upcoming seniors. It was so awesome to see them encourage one another and see the love they have for each other. It was also a huge blessing to receive advice from all of them as we look forward to our move to Colorado. I also made a point to remember every one's names (which I am usually really bad at): Rick, the youth minister; Jared, Anna, Jennifer, and Bryant, the interns; Haley and Matt, the soon to be freshmen in college; and Jessica, Abby, Kaitlyn, Hannah, Zach, and Jessica (forgive me if I misspelled any names :D) I am so glad that we were able to meet each of you and am looking forward to getting to know others at LCC.

After a late night with the youth group, I got up early to get my hair highlighted and cut by my previously mentioned friend, Maloree aka Mal. It has been so great to have such a talented friend to do my hair over the past year or so. I don't know what I am going to do when we move and I don't have her near by anymore. Thanks Mal for making my hair look so pretty :D.

After my hair appointment we had a guy from a moving company come out to the house to give us an estimate for our move. We think we have finally decided on a company which is a relief. I think we have come to the conclusion that its better to pay a little more for a big name company in order to feel at ease about loading all of your earthly belongings on a huge 18 wheeler and sending it across the country.

Then Collin and I were able to go to lunch with M'chelle and Jeremy. If you have read my blog at all, you know that M is one of my dearest friends. I love any time that I get to spend with her and have truly missed being able to see here several times a week like when we lived in Abilene. Her and Jeremy have just embarked on the journey of building a house and I could not be more excited for them. Hopefully, the house will be finished by lectureship so that we can have a sleep over :D!!

Finally, two of our close friends had their baby today, which was a great surprise because he was not expected to come until next week. We were so happy to be able to go up to the hospital and see them and the baby when he was only 2 1/2 hours old. He is so precious and both baby and mom are doing well! We are so excited for them and wish them the very best in this new phase of life.

What a great trip we had. We were blessed in so many ways even though it was super short.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It was so good to see you guys! I'm just catching up on my blog reading. We are so happy for you two to start your ministry. I know you'll do great things in Colorado. We will have to give you guys a call when we drive through!