Friday, June 6, 2008

The Bachelorette

I love ABC's show The Bachelor and it's female subsequent The Bachelorette. Right now we are 3 weeks into a new season of The Bachelorette. Let me start out by saying, I do realize that the concept of the show is wrong on so many levels but at the same time it is so very intriguing. I have watched pretty much every season of both shows and for the most part end up disappointed at the finale because they never pick the one I like, but without fail I always tune in for the next season in hopes of a fairy tale ending.

I had gotten a bit behind on this new season due to us being out of town but yesterday I was able to get caught back up. This time a cute girl named DeAnna is The Bachelorette. She was one of the final 2 girls remaining on The Bachelor two seasons ago and ended up with a broken heart.

For whatever reason there have been far more Bachelor series than Bachelorette, so I don't get to see it as much; however, while watching this season of the Bachelorette something occurred to me. It seems to me that girls usually get this wrap of being really catty (or however you spell that?!?) on the show, but when I was watching the three episodes I was behind on, I realized that the guys are just as bad as the girls always appear to be. They still get jealous of the front runner, they still talk about each other behind their backs, and still throw one another under the bus any chance possible. I just found it really humorous that guys always try to play it macho and smooth but when put in the same situation the reactions are very similar. Guy and girl alike the tears still fall when the rose doesn't come.

Right now I have three favorite guys on the show. Jeremy, a real estate lawyer from Dallas, TX, who seems very nice and genuine. Graham, who is a pro basketball player from Raleigh, NC, who so far seems to be there for the right reasons but lacks a little experience in the dating world which isn't necessarily a bad thing but might end up leaving him without a rose. And finally, Jason, an Account Executive from Cleveland, OH, who is a single dad of a 3 year old son but still seems very genuine about the situation. There are still 9 guys left on the show so its a bit early to make any real predictions but those are my favorites at this point. We'll just have to wait and see what happens and hopefully DeAnna gets her fairy tale ending this time.

Photobucket

3 comments:

M'chelle said...

Just because we aren't watching it together this time doesn't mean we don't think alike. I too like Jeremy and Graham. LOL! Funny enough I actaully like DeAnna now. She wasn't my pick for the Bachelor! Can't wait to see you Monday! Love ya ~ M

Ashley said...

Those are my three favorite boys too! :) Good luck with the move, I am excited for you two!

Nicole said...

First I want to tell you how excited we are for you guys to come to Denver! It is an answer to many many prayers!

Second, those are the same three guys I picked! Last week I told my husband that I pick Graham to win the show then this week I changed my mind to Jason! I too am disappointed every season and then tune in again and again!

Once again we can't wait to meet you guys! Please let us know if there is anything you need help with! (My parents are Johnny & Susie Davis ~ His Hands).

Nicole Fuhrmann