Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Idol time...

Ok well its Wednesday so that means that American Idol came on last night and its time for my pick of the week!! It was Andrew Lloyd Webber week so everyone sang songs from his amazing musicals. It is really tough to pick just one favorite this week!! My all time favorite musical is Phantom of the Opera (Collin took me to see it on our first anniversary) and the 2 people who sang songs from that musical sang them exceptionally well!! So I am just going to cheat and pick 2 favorites this week. I truly think that unless something crazy happens (like when Daughtry was voted off early) that these 2 contestants will be the final 2.

Even though last week I said David Cook wasn't one of my favorites (even though I picked him as the best of the week)this week he did amazing!! He has definitely become a front runner in my book based on last nights performance. He sang Music of the Night and did an outstanding job. I really think he sounded a lot like the guy that plays the Phantom in the movie. Here is his performance.



My second favorite performance was David Archuleta. He sang Think of Me, which is one of my favorite songs from the musical. He made it more contemporary and just has an awesome voice to sing those kinds of songs. Here is his performance.



Sadly, I think that either Jason or Brooke will be going home tonight. I like both of them but neither one did very well last night. But we will just have to wait and see. As I have learned from watching 7 seasons of Idol is that you never really know until it is announced.

On an unrelated note...I took the top off of my Jeep yesterday for the first time since like my freshman year in college. It was so much fun riding around yesterday and the weather was perfect. But you know how a lot of people say "I just have to get a car wash and without fail it will rain" well for me that is "I just have to get a car wash or take the top off my car and without fail it will rain" and I did both yesterday and what do you know...its cloudy and looks like it is about to pour...which is very unfortunate because my jeep is a hard top and not a soft one so the top weighs about 200 lbs. is back at home in my garage and I can't just put it back on when it starts raining. Right now I am lucky enough to be able to park it under a covering at work and I'm just hoping that the rain will come and pass before lunch time when I have to get back out!! Cross your fingers for me!! :D

No comments: