Friday, November 18, 2011

Potty Training Chronicles: Day 2

We officially started potty training Maddox yesterday so I thought I would document it. I really had no idea what approach to take but have ended up going with the book "Diaper Free Before Three.". It is really intended as a program that starts potty training pretty early but also gives suggestions for starting later as well. Basically, when starting later it says to just decide to start and completely get rid of diapers and go straight to underwear.
So, yesterday after nap I decided to just go for it. With it being Thanksgiving he doesn't have school next week, I don't have Ladies Bible Class and Collin will be off a few more days than normal. So I figured as good a time as any right?!? So as I said after nap yesterday I went ahead and put him in big boy unders!! He thought it was so cool and he did awesome!! He had them on from about 4 pm to 8:30 pm and didn't have a single accident!! That time even included a trip over to one of our friends houses for dinner and to hang out!! I put him in a pull up to sleep...because I'm not quite ready to tackle the night time yet!!
This morning we went straight to the potty when he got up and he has had underwear on all day. He has had 3 accidents but all of them were just pee!! We ventured out for lunch and he did great! He went potty at the restaurant and did awesome staying dry!! I'm not quite sure how long this whole thing will take but hopefully by the time we go to Texas in late December we will be doing pretty well!! I will of course keep you updated on our progress! :)
Pray that things go smoothly for Maddox and that he catches on quickly and for lots and lots of patience for me!! :)

No comments: