Saturday, November 19, 2011

Addison

Today Miss Addison gave us a little scare.  She was totally fine this morning then took about an hour and a half nap at about 8:45 then ate like normal when she got up.  She was fine for about an hour after that and then all of the sudden at about 11:00 am something weird happened.  She started getting fussy and then went really pale in the face and got super lethargic.  I was holding her and she was laying her head on my shoulder and would hardly lift it up.  She kept nodding off and just wasn't acting normal at all.  It totally freaked me out.  I decided I should call her pediatrician because this was just totally out of the ordinary for her and it came on so quickly.  I spoke with a nurse and she said they wouldn't be able to see her until 1:00 pm which was 2 hours away but that I could take her to the hospital because they have an after hours children's clinic.  I asked what the nurse recommended and she said I should probably go ahead and take her in just to be safe.  So I immediately called Collin and  got us all dressed and headed for Littleton Hospital.  When I put her in the car she immediately fell asleep so the entire way there I was so worried about if she was ok.  When we got there I got her out and she seemed to perk up a little bit which was such a relief!!  It always seems to work like that when you get to the dr. they seem totally better but I will definitely take that over something being seriously wrong.  Anyways, we had to wait about 15 minutes for the children's clinic to open but then we were seen by a nurse and then a pediatrician.  She checked out totally fine which I am so thankful for.  The dr. said it could be that she is coming down with a virus or just got to feeling bad for some reason but she seemed perfect healthy when she checked her out.  I have no idea what was wrong with her but it was a little scary how she was acting.  I am just really thankful that she is ok!!  She has been totally fine the rest of the day.  We did get to find out that she now weighs 16 lbs 4 oz.  She is getting so big!!

On a happier note...She loves looking at herself in the mirror above her changing table and tonight before bed I took this little video of her.  She is just too cute and I just love her to pieces!!



Photobucket

No comments: