Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Training Trip

Collin and I just got back from a fun little trip to the Phoenix area!! We had originally planned on going with 2 of our best friends Jennifer and Daniel but at the last minute thanks to the dumb IRS that plan was ruined and they ended up not being able to come!! So on Wednesday afternoon Collin's parents came into town, his dad for a conference and his mom to stay with Mr. Maddox, and we headed out just the 2 of us for our little trip. When we got there on Wednesday evening we headed straight to our first of 2 Rockies Spring Training games (although we were late for the game due to a mix up on what stadium the game was at lol). Before the game we had In-n-Out burger for dinner (YUMMM) and then Rockies won so it was a lot of fun!!


On Thursday morning we slept in then got up and drove out to the Talking Stick resort just to check it out. It was a cool place but nothing amazing. We then had some lunch and headed out to TPC Scottsdale for Collin to play a round of golf. Ever since we started dating I have enjoyed riding in the cart and watching him play golf. I don't get to do it near as often I as used to so it was fun to be able to be out there with him, especially since it was one of his favorite courses. That pretty much took up the rest of the day so after the round we may have just stopped at In-N-Out again to grab dinner and then headed back to our hotel.


On Friday got up and had breakfast at Coco's, one of Collin's favorites from California, then went out to the ballpark to see if we could see the Rockies practicing and maybe get some autographs. We finally found out that the actual players that we wanted to see wouldn't be out until later in the day. So we decided to head over to one on of the malls to kill some time before going back to the ballpark. It was a super nice mall and Collin actually bought me 2 new charms that I had been wanting for my pandora bracelet so that was super fun!! I got the blue candy stripe and the pink candy strip glass charms...the blue for Maddox and the pink for Addison!!



After covering the mall we ran back to our hotel to change and pick up our tickets and headed back to the ballpark. When we got there the Rockies were out on one of the practice fields having batting practice. So we waited with a group of other fans in hopes of getting some autographs but the guys ended up going in another entrance so we didn't get any. A guy we had been talking to told us that the guys usually come back out and sign stuff inside the stadium before the games starts so we decided to go in and wait for that. Once we got in we saw that there were a TON of people waiting by the Rockies dugout and hardly any waiting by the Rangers, who they were playing that night. We figured we had a better chance of getting some autographs if we went over there. I ended up sitting on the wall right by the field for about 2 hours just watching them have batting practice and warm up.




I was starting to think I wasn't going to get any and then Josh Hamilton came over and started signing stuff for people. Of course when he did that a TON of people rushed over and started pushing their way up and sticking their stuff out for autographs. He stayed there and signed stuff for several minutes and then decided to quit right before he got to me. I was soooo bummed!! He was the one I wanted the most!!


After he walked off the field I was thinking that was it but I decided to hang out there a little while longer until the game started. Finally the players started coming back out and I ended up getting Michael Young and David Murphy to sign the ball we had bought for Maddox!! That was pretty exciting.



I wish I had been able to get more signatures but at least I got something. The Rockies ended up killing the Rangers 10-1 and even though we are Rangers fans, we have become bigger Rockies fans, so I was glad for a victory!! :D.

We flew home this afternoon and are glad to be back with our little buddy!! I definitely miss him when we are away!! We had a great time just the 2 of us though and are thankful to have had that time before Miss Addison arrives!! It was a great trip and is something that we hope can start to be a tradition for our family each spring!!

Photobucket

No comments: