Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby Be Blessed

I found out about these precious dolls called Baby Be Blessed from a friend at church who bought one for her daughter's birthday and fell in love with them!! They are the sweetest little dolls and the story behind them makes them even better!! They are all hand made by a group of stay at home moms and while they are making your doll they pray for your child. On the tummy of the doll they sew a patch that has your child's name and a Bible verse of your choosing which is super cute!!

I have always thought it was so neat when parents pick out a specific verse for their children but we had never done it ourselves. When I found out about these dolls I thought it would be fun to pick a verse for Miss Addison and have it put on the doll. And even though we are a little late on Maddox I want to also pick out a verse for him as well but we haven't sat down to do it yet. (I will do a post about his verse when we decide on one!!)

I have heard of people having the older siblings give a gift to their new brother or sister when they are born so I immediately knew when I heard about these dolls that this is what I wanted to get for Maddox to give Addison when she is born. I hope that it will be a special doll that she will cherish from her big brother!!

My friend that told me about the dolls said it takes a while for them to make them so I went ahead and ordered it on Saturday night and there is still a chance that it won't make it here by Addi's arrival but it said 12-14 weeks so it shouldn't come too long after she gets here!! I can't wait to see the actual doll. You get to personalize it by selecting the hair style, hair color, clothing print, and of course name and verse that goes on the tummy.

For Addison's verse we decided we wanted to have the word "grace" in it since that is her middle name. We ended up deciding on 2 Peter 3:18. Today I got an e-mail to approve the patch that will go on the doll's tummy so you can see a little sneak peek of what it will look like. I ended up choosing the "Miss Helen" style doll and I think she is just too cute!!


I am so excited about this sweet little doll and can't wait for it to arrive and for Maddox to be able to give it to his baby sister!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so excited you ordered one! They are the sweetest! I bet yours will come quicker than mine since I was in the middle of the Christmas rush. What a perfect gift from big brother. :)

KIKI said...

LOVE IT! :)

Diane said...

Holly that is so precious and so special! What a sweet gift from Addi's big brother : )

Jenny said...

I LOVE the Baby Be Blessed dolls! I'm sure it will be something she will love for years to come. It is so fun to see little girls love on their babies :) So excited for y'all!

Lauren said...

I love this so much, Holly! I've written Addison's verse down. It will be my honor to speak it over her every day as I pray over your family. I'm so excited to see the blessings Addi will add to your lives. I love the Packers. It is such an honor to contend for your family.