Monday, March 28, 2011

Operation "Bye Bye Paci"

Begins TODAY! I have had this date in mind for several months and I'm sad that it is finally here! I will be glad to be done with paci's but it is definitely a bittersweet time! I am not looking forward to the possible loss of sleep and temper tantrums that might come from this and I'm sad that it means my baby is growing up but I do love seeing that sweet face and smile without a paci!


We started this morning when I got him out of bed at 8 am! I took his paci out and said we are going to leave this here and he got so sad and stuck that pitiful pouty lip out but we just headed down stairs. It's been almost 2 hours since then and he has asked for it several times but I just keep telling him that we are telling paci bye bye and that he is a big boy now. I have no idea if he understands but it seems to appease him at least for a while.

Several people have told me about the method of cutting off the tip and letting the child decide they don't want it anymore so that is definitely a possibility if this fails and I might do that to get rid of it at nap and night time soon!

I would greatly appreciate your prayers as we make this transition because my buddy LOVES his paci! I don't think it will be too bad during the day while we are at home but it's the times that we are out and he is throwing a fit, nap and bedtime that I am worried about! I will keep you updated on our progress!!

BYE BYE PACI'S!!!


Photobucket

No comments: